Making macrame plant hangers doesn’t have to be hard or break the bank. For this macrame plant hanger with beads project I did have to order the beads online, however, my rope was just some leftover clothesline that was taking up room in my closet. Don’t forget to check your local dollar store for supplies. You might just be surprised how much you can find there.
Macrame Plant Hanger with Beads
- 4 mm Rope (cut 2 pieces to 123 inches long and 1 to 160 in long)
- 2 inch metal ring
- Wood Beads with and opening of at least 10mm
- Clear or Masking Tape
- Take your cuts of rope and wrap tape around the ends to keep them from fraying. We will be cutting any excess off at the end of the project, so don’t worry, you won’t have to look at the ugly tape for long.
- Folding your ropes in half from the middle, tie a cow hitch knot through your metal ring. Your 2 longer pieces of rope will be your outside or tying ropes.
- Start tying square knots, after the 3rd knot, add a wooden bead onto 2 of the center ropes, then tie 3 more square knots. Repeat this until you have 3 beads and you end with 3 square knots. Tie your ropes off by tying 2 together, then 2 more,, until you have 3 groups with 2 ropes tied together. Add a bead to each pair.
- Taking your 3 groups of rope, think of them as A, B, and C. You will take a rope from A and a rope from B and add a bead to them. Take the other rope from B and a rope from C and add a bead to them. Finally take the other rope from C and add it to the extra rope from A and add a bead.
- Once you have your beads attached, you will measure down how long you want your hanger to be, then tie an overhand knot with all of the rope.
- Trim your ropes to the desired length.
Macrame may look complicated, but it doesn’t have to be difficult. If you can tie knots, you can make macrame. Be sure to check out our other easy macrame projects for beginners.
Please keep in mind that we may receive a small commission when you click our links and make purchases and as an Amazon Associate, this site earns from qualifying purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to give you an accurate representation, in order to help you make the best choice for you.